GREATEST MOMENTS IN
WEIRD PAUL HISTORY
(list by Ed-a-go-go)
these choices (and
spelling!) are by Ed
are not the opinion
of Paul or this site)
1.) paul petrosky kicks manny theiner out of 'weird paul'
2.) kurt cobain sleeps on manny's couch
3.) paul petrosky and ed zamecnik play as 'weird paul' with favorites
'the happy flowers' before ed leaves band to attend college in
4.) paul and ed play concert with steve albini's favorite band
and piss them off
5) paul and ed play with indie rock hero calvin johnson
6) ed tells calvin johnson off at cbgb's in nyc during college
7) daniel johnson (allegedly) calls weird paul after his bed-time
and pisses him off
8) curt cobain decides to wear the same exact daniel johnson
t-shirt that paul wears on back photo of 'weird paul' 7"
9) ed gets dreadlocks in 1995
10) concert goers see paul and manny and remark "wow. pittsburgh
must be really lame."
11) ed astonishes paul with ridiculously goofy film comments
written in a now lost journal in 1994
12) ed decides that his rendition of 'simulated wood' where all
the lyrics are replaced with the words 'weird paul' is 'the greatest
weird paul song ever written'(!).
13) paul temporarily ends music career to attempt to watch 'every
horror movie ever made.'
14) paul and the guys from band 'don cabballero' convince manny
thiener that the 'lucan' televison series was a figment of his
15) little ward petrosky mistakenly challenges ed to atari games
16) mtv reporter sarcastically asks devo frontman during a low
point in his career if he wrote score of low budget film where
he defensively remarks: "as a matter of fact, I DID."
17) fuzz box temporarily refuses to work before blazing rendition
of stooges' song 'i gotta right' during ed and paul's final show
18) ed and kevin smith make fun of nerd jason catena after finding
an old stunted joint in his bag
19) kevin smith is taken away in a straight jacket after threatening
20) manny thiener has horrible childhood with mentally unbalanced